Wednesday 31 August 2011

babies dont keep

Its so easy as a new mum to run yourself ragged trying to keep to the same standards you had pre baby in less hours a day. I just wanted to share a poem a good friend of mine shared with me just when i needed it back when E was 6 months old. I came across it again today and wanted to share it as maybe it will be viewed by someone else exactly when they need it.

Babies don't keep poem

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow...
For babies grow up,
we've learned to
our sorrow...
So quiet down cobwebs...
dust go to sleep...
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!




 I really love this it puts it all in perspective, enjoy being a mum . You will never look back and think i wish i had cleaned more, i think our only regret will be our children growing up to fast enjoy the moment .

I know we have to have a safe hygienic environment to bring up our babies and children so to keep on top of the essentials only this is what works for me.

Ive been trying 20 Min's all change this is that anything can only be done for 20 Min's so if I'm cleaning the kitchen after 20 Min's i stop  the kitchen is 80% cleaner than it was and that's good enough.

Thought of the day...........    the cobwebs can wait.

1 comment:

  1. This is fab & just what I needed to read. It's so easy to get stressed because the house isn't tidy and worry about that rather than enjoy time with baby. I've been working on FlyLady's 15 minute rule though. :)

    ReplyDelete