Tuesday 17 January 2012

Top five tips for new bloggers - Listography

BloggerImage


This weeks listography is top five tips for bloggers as I'm a fairly new bee blogger myself i thought while its still fresh in my mind i would give my top five tips for new bloggers from what i have  learned so far.

1. The best thing i did was to sign up for a free blog course i found at little mummy this gave me free weekly emails to follow to set up a blog from scratch. It was easy to follow and really helpful and saved me hours of searching for information.

http://www.littlemummy.com/mum-blogger-e-course/

2. Start by just using the basic templates provided and just play around changing colours etc as trying to add themes when your just starting out can stress you and make blogging seem more complicated than it is. Later on when you are more confident and want to maybe invest in your blog get someone technical to help you design something.

3. If there are blogs that you love reading don't be scared to comment and join in memes such as listography. I was reading Kate takes 5 silently for ages before i got brave and said hi and once i did i found a lovely lady who i now chat too often on twitter.
 Commenting and joining in memes are a great way to meet other bloggers get comments and followers back. It is also a great way to find new blogs to follow and read as the other people who have linked to the same post like the same type of posts as you do.

4. Join networks such as Net mums, Brit mums and love all blogs you will find lots of tips and be able to chat to other bloggers and join in forums. Everyone is really helpful and kind and again you will find some lovely blogs to read and meet some great people.

5. Never struggle in silence if you are stuck if you send out a tweet someone will always try to help you. Bloggers are a great friendly community and my only blogging regret is that i did not start sooner. I am along way form knowing all the answers but I'm happy to help if i can either leave me a comment or find me on twitter @theroomset.

I hope my limited knowledge will help someone or encourage anyone thinking of starting a blog to have ago. I am the least technical person i know so if i can do it  anyone can.

If you would like to have ago at your own listography hop over to katetakes5 and have ago . http://katetakes5.blogspot.com/

Comments make my day and help me to find you so don't be scared to say hello x



8 comments:

  1. Thank you!! This was really useful. Just starting to get to grips with my blog, so this was great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really pleased it was useful give me a shout if you are stuck with anything i will try to help. x

      Delete
  2. 'Never struggle in silence' is an excellent tip (along with the rest of these really excellent tips). New bloggers (and experienced) should be more brave about contacting others with 'how to' questions!

    Great list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sometimes feel silly not knowing something but everyone was a newbee once so everyone remembers what its like x

      Delete
  3. I'm totally with you regarding Twitter - have had some great support from other mums! I'm a member of Brit Mums and Love all Blogs too - both are great. When I first started out I was overwhelmed by detail too so what you say about simple design to start off with is very sound advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good tips, I think networking is important at the start just so people can find your blog! I was lucky when I started as there were so fewer blogs about but I don't envy people starting out now as it must be harder work to find readers. My tips would include sticking at it and not getting disheartened if you run out of ideas or aren't top of a list somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your tips. I'm new to the blogosphere so need all the tips and advice I can get! Will definitely have a look at Brit Mums, Love All Blogs and the e-course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so pleased you found it useful, i will pop over to your blogs and say hi xx

      Delete